Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Straight From the Horse's Mouth

We were obviously all crushed at Ed's early departure on last night's episode. In fact, I've been so upset about it I couldn't even bring myself to blog today until this late in the day; I'm speechless. Either that, or I actually have a "job" and "responsibilities" which have kept me from writing today. Take your pick. Ironically, my job has kept me from blogging about someone whose job kept them from possibly finding TRUE LOVE in just 2 months on national television. Fancy that.

I think that, for as many people as have called Jillian "needy," - you know who you are and I am giving you a cyber stink eye right now - that Jillian is actually a strong, independent woman with a good head on her shoulders. Ok, so last night she did fish for a compliment on her date with Jesse by calling herself "fat." Although it is annoying that she is rail-thin and calling herself fat, who hasn't been on a drinking and eating binge over a vacation and come home feeling like a total heifer? Not to mention Jillian is a woman, and women... well, we can be annoying sometimes and do things like talk in baby voices and fish for compliments and heck, even be a little "needy" from time to time. But I feel like as long as Jillian continues to act seemingly normal and doesn't refer to herself in the third person, set up challenges in which she is the "prize" or talk endlessly about how "famous" she is when she is hosting a bridal event at the Chevy Chase Bloomies (cough cough choke choke gag Deanna Pappas), I will continue to give Jilly the benefit of the doubt. In fact, I think she explains her feelings about Ed's departure very well in her own words on her blog, albeit through the use of emoticons:

Now let’s talk about the big drama of the episode … Ed leaving :( Wow, that was so heartbreaking. I truly hadn’t felt that sort of heartbreak since I was in high school. It definitely made me open my eyes, and moving forward, [I'm] taking no relationship for granted. It’s the hardest time to lose someone, because it is too early to tell if they are the “one” but you also know you are developing true feelings for them. I couldn’t give Ed that guarantee at that point, so all I could do … was let him go. :(

Ed really was put between a rock and a hard place. As much as he thinks Jillian is a cool girl, realistically all she was at this point was a possibility and a crush, and who quits their job over a crush?! Although I am sure Patti Stanger would disagree, you shouldn't throw away your entire life for the possibility of love. I think it's great that Ed kept things in perspective and didn't ditch his successful job for a 10% possibility that he would be last man standing. Sucks for Ed, sucks for Jillian, but that's life. For the record, though, Ed's boss sounds like a slave-driving prick. Thanks a lot asshole boss!! May your romantic karma come back and bite you in the ass...

Also on this week's episode, the Bachelors kept the parade of stupid hats alive and well. The only thing that could be worse than this:


is this:


But I'm sure those crazy Bastard Bachelors will prove me wrong next week... until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment