Thursday, February 19, 2009

The one who really captured America's heart

Alright fellow Bachelor lovers, I've been in denial long enough. I have been a strong supporter of you clever bloggers who post such insightful musings about the progression of Jason's quest to find the love of his life (among a group of complete strangers). And I've encouraged DVR photos at pivotal moments of the show - including the most awkward facial expressions EVER on the day of the dove's demise. However, I have yet to be motivated enough to comment on the crazy love saga we find so endearing.

Well ladies, I have finally found my inspiration. Not only has our favorite, genuinely down-to-earth girl been rejected, but Jason has the gall in his latest People blogpost to characterize her competitor's invitation to "sleep over" as something other than the obvious. Are we really supposed to believe that the true reason he finds this attractive is that she "goes after what she wants" and "shows that she's there for me by opening herself up"? I'm sorry to break it to Jason, but the way one demonstrates these qualities - and by "qualities", I don't mean those south of her neck- is by doing something like sharing a truly personal story that you feel shaped your life experiences (i.e. Jillian's heartfelt and uplifting story about her family's struggle with depression) - it's not offering your bedroom for the evening.

In my opinion, Jason lost out on one of the greatest candidates in Bachelor history. Although tragic, we all know this really worked out for the best. To top off everything we already know and love about Jillian, she had the following to say about becoming the next Bachelorette: "I don’t want to be famous. I don’t want to be an actress. Part of me wants to stop while I am ahead... But the other part of me really wants to find somebody and maybe my prince is just around the corner." Here's to an exciting final episode and to Jillian finding her REAL prince!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you about Jillian and about Molly's "invitation". I hate Molly. Anyway, how do I read Jason's blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky - I embedded the link to Jason's blog in the post.

    ReplyDelete