Monday, February 2, 2009

It's a bird, it's a plane...

It's the bachelor on another one of his dates!

Seriously, has anyone else noticed that almost all of Jason's 1-on-1 dates involved taking off into flight? Let me refresh your memories. During Jason's first date with Melissa, they flew over LA at sunset (and that's not to even mention the blimp that flew overheard while they were at the beach); Jason and Natalie took not one but two flights during their 1-on-1, first in a private jet to Vegas and then with a helicopter ride over the city. If Melissa's next date hadn't been canceled, she was about to get a helicopter ride AND the space needle. Naomi cashed in with the sea plane ride around Seattle.

Aren't we in an economic downturn? What happened to good 'ol public transportation? Seriously, what sort of kick-backs are these airliners getting? Let's all admit it right here and now that Jason has not once planned these dates himself. Despite what the women are convinced (and I hate to burst their bubbles), Jason has nothing to do with where they go or what they do on their dates. He's just as shocked as they are like a kid in a candy store when he gets to go up in these flying contraptions. So who, may I ask, who sincerely believes that all romantic dates involve flying? Is there a focus group of ABC producers sitting around in a room tossing out ideas for dates? Plane! Jet! Helicopter! Blimp! Hot air balloon ride! (Maybe they're saving that for the finale.)

Since when does being thousands of feet above sea level equate to romance? I, for one, hate to fly. If I were any of these girls, I would say, no thank you, I'd prefer to walk. If I was forced due to my contract to participate in this torture, you better believe I'd have a barf bag right beside me. Just like our pal Twilley from last season's The Bachelorette. Doesn't anyone ever learn a lesson?

Maybe next season they'll spice things up a bit. Jet skis! Boats! Scuba diving! Oh wait, they've pulled that move too.

No comments:

Post a Comment