Thursday, January 7, 2010

The power of love.

Normally the DC Bachelor Fan, this post comes to you from NYC. Or Manhattan as Gia calls it. Seriously anyone who has ever lived in New York City knows that nobody but tourists call it Manhattan and honestly, if she had any clue, she would have just said, The City. It just made me mad to hear that Staten Island wannabe claim her roots in a city I hold so dear to my heart. So now that I’ve warmed up, let me dive right in. If nothing else, this season will make every girl who ever had a self-conscious bone in her body realize, ‘you know what? I’m not so bad.’ Many of these ladies came straight out of Girl, Interrupted and I for one am scared of Michelle. Remember our puppy killer from last season? Or Naomi’s mom that buried the dove? They have NOTHING on this cup of crazy.

But perhaps my favorite part of this week’s episode was the background music during the opening commentary. An early 90s favorite (which very few other Bachelor fans knew to my disdain until we Wiki’ed the song), I’ve copied some of the storied lyrics here:

Yes, you belong to me, I'm yours exclusively
Right now we live and breathe each other, inseparable it seems
We're flowing like a stream, running free flowing on the wings of love.



Seems like a song Channy and her landing strip would like. Speaking of Channy, did ABC order her from Asia as a potential bride for Jake? Or did they scoop her up at the nearest nail salon because someone needed a polish change? Verdict is still out from our group and sadly, we’ll never get to know. Token minority girl has already been cut. It’s nice to see that Jake doesn’t hide his racism like other Bachelors past, like Andy Baldwin who insisted on keeping Tina, the Asian Star Spangled Banner singer for like 4 weeks only to break her heart.

Which brings me to my final point. Chris Harrison. Did you really need that extra burst in the spray tan booth before the season premier buddy? You were one pump away from Ross from Friends. (Don’t pretend you all don’t know the episode I’m talking about. We’re not only about Reality TV here.)
And for the classy line that sent every girl in our bunch squirming and covering their eyes:

Chris Harrison: If you fell in love with someone who hated flying, would you give it up?
Jake: Love is more powerful than flying.

Really, Jake? Are you talking symbolically or the actual act of flying? Because honestly, I’m pretty sure the G-Force of a fighter jet might slightly overwhelm your butterflies and roses picture of what love is. I’m pretty sure when I asked my significant other if he would give up his passion if I didn’t like it, he laughed in my face and smoked another joint. I guess love isn’t more powerful than pot.

Just kidding, my beau doesn't smoke pot. In fact, the biggest passion I can think of his is watching the Bachelor. And why would I ever want him to give that up?

No comments:

Post a Comment