Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Who IS that guy?

Jillian has the whole girl-next-door thing down pat, and that's really why we love her. That and her incredible wardrobe are what make me want to be her friend. Maybe one day she'll let me borrow her pink gloves and we'll go to a Nitty Gritty Dirt Band concert.... So, its hard to blame her for making a few mistakes, since we've all been there at 4am with the beer goggles on; But at least we're not in for another season of "You're not paying enough attention to me" temper tantrums. So, yes - there were a few disappointments: The poor white dress choice, for one. Not only did the dress get ruined before the Bachelors even got there (not that they noticed), but it was also a little too Wedding Day symbolic for my taste; - there were a few great calls: Ed and Jake are warring for the title of My Favorite; I love these two almost as much as I love WHEAT THINS. But there were also a number of decisions which left me perplexed… and that's what worries me.

For at least 3 of the guys Jillian chose, I remember thinking "Who IS that guy?" Apparently at some point, Brad revealed that he was the avid pole-vaulter (see deleted scenes at EW); and I imagine that she and Reid connected over something, but I didn't see it. So, in theory, it was nice of ABC to give our gal Jill more men, but in reality, there was too much going on. Jill missed out on the creepy foot-fetish signals from Tanner P., and we missed out on whatever seemingly hilarious conversation about being a foreigner that Jill might have had with Simon. To make matters worse, four guys aren't even going to get to go on dates next week. How is a person supposed to find love on national television in 13 weeks without a little QT?

No comments:

Post a Comment