Thursday, May 21, 2009

Taking notes...

Yes, literally. I take notes during the Bachelorette. And not like at work where I take notes to look like I'm super interested in a meeting about how to book conference room space in our office. I realized that the reason I take diligent notes during the Bachelorette (and Bachelor) is because I NEED to. I get too tipsy drinking wine with my other DC Bachelor Fans that if I didn't take notes, I wouldn't remember a damn thing. Which is why it took me a while to make this post. I mean, I can barely read my own hand writing. (See pic. I think the one note says, "Only foreigner, only giant." That is kind of funny actually. I wish I knew if I thought of that myself or stole that material from someone else. I cannot identify what I wrote next to the number I assume is a 15. Tanner P. perhaps?) And I usually have amazing penmanship. To the point where it looks slightly like a 12 year old girl's handwriting and sometimes people hold their breath to see if I'll dot my "i" with a heart...but I digress. Moving on to my assessment of the Bachelorette premier. The moment we all had been waiting for was a bit of a let down. I miss the days of Deanna announcing, "and if you win this challenge, you get to spend more time with me." She really did love herself. Jilli is much more laid back and undemanding of these men's attention. She needs to get a bit more feisty in order for this season to get back on track. A (male) friend of mine, also an avid watcher of the Bachelor, whose name will remain nameless, has often commented on the reason the Bachelorette is never as juicy as the Bachelor. His assessment is that guys are too laid back to get catty, gossip behind each other's backs, and generally create the drama we all know and love. Does this group of gentlemen have any of those qualities we need to keep our attention?

1 comment:

  1. After this week's episode, week 3 (sorry I'm a bit behind in reading the blog), I think your question has been answered. Yes this group of guys have the qualities to create DRAMA!!

    ReplyDelete