Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Kiss from a rose

I don't know what bothered me more about last night's episode. Having to sit through 2 painful minutes of watching Deanna's eye twitch or watching the scene's from this upcoming season when Seal performs on one of the dates. Really? Seal? How is Seal even still considered a singer? He had ONE SONG. Sure it won a Grammy. In 1994. Some of these girls were in kindergarten. I can only hope it doesn't become the next "On the Wings of Love".

As the most controversial season kicks off, Chris Harrison pulls out a whammy and brings back both Jenni and Deanna to confront Brad. Brad, who by the way, still seems like a bit of a napkin but is really quite nice to look at.  I know my pal HerefortheRightReasons nearly peed her pants when Jenni came back. Our friend was the one that needed the therapy after Brad dumped her.  She was devastated. I'm just glad she now has some closure. I wish I could say the same for Brad. Unless closure comes in the form of Deanna saying in her obnoxious twitchy accent, "I only hope you find what I found. And what Jenni found." What exactly is it that you found Deanna? Your soul mate? True love? No, you pathetic drip, you found a warm body who agreed to marry you despite the fact that you're annoying as hell. A skinny, Brooklyn-ite break dancing twin who you can have your double wedding with a live happily ever after.  Deanna, the only thing you found is the only chance you have to still get married before you turn 30. (Off soap box.)

Moving on to why we are really here. Brad and his interesting litter of ladies. He obviously kept the vampire chick to add a little drama. He'll obviously fall in love with tragic widow number two who will realize that her love for him could never be as strong as the love she had for high school sweetheart. He'll probably screw (literally and figuratively) the hair stylist Michelle who at the ripe age of 30 is a woman, not a little girl, thank you very much. I will give him some credit for actually choosing girls on the older end of the age scale. Sure, they're still ten years younger than him but at least he cut the 23 year olds.  I can't wait to see what happens next week.

As I think ahead to this season, it is bittersweet for me and my fellow Bachelor watchers. (You may recognize I am no longer DC Bachelor fan but now PA Bachelor Fan.) You see, jobs, school, life, rehab...whatever, have taken many us away from our time in our nation's capital. So instead of enjoying a glass or four of red wine and gossiping during commercial breaks with my gal pals, I'll be watching this upcoming season in the rust belt. While I won't be totally alone (thanks to a husband who knows who you're talking about when you say Bob Guinea, Trista Rehn, and Travis Stork), I sure will miss having my girls around. I sure will miss enjoying the delicious snacks and wine shared around an Ashley furniture coffee table. I sure will miss pausing to take Blackberry pictures. You may be far in miles. But close in my heart.

1 comment:

  1. YAY so glad you are back! Does anyone know why they aren't showing the girls' ages this time when their names pop up on the screen? It's bugging me.

    ReplyDelete