Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Did somebody say it was their birthday?

Not sure if anyone else knew this, but guess what? It was Michelle's birthday during Monday night's episode. And as she'll have us know, not her 28th birthday, not her 32nd birthday, but her 30th birthday.  I mean, I'm all for celebrating birthdays. My fellow fans know I've been known to throw myself a mean birthday bash but c'mon. You turning 30 just means one thing. Desperation.  Michelle, I'm not going to say much more because, let's be honest, you scare me. And I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to get a knock at my door one night from the likes of you and your scary mug.

 As for the carnival date, I'm not sure whether that is romantic or just plain creepy. Did anyone else see the giant clown they had to walk through to get inside? Talk about nightmares!  What if she was afraid of clowns and just peed her pants when she saw that? Or better yet, what if the ever so intelligent mixing of white wine and cotton candy just didn't sit well? I don't think I've seen anything that tacky since White Zinfandel in a box. But I was glad to see Brad open up. Even if I was really thinking, "Dude, suck it up. Ashley's dad was an addict and homeless but somehow she has managed to get her college degree and complete dental school at an Ivy League institution. Who's parents haven't messed them up? It doesn't mean you can't live a productive and love-filled life.  Get over it. Move on. And go to college."

And another separated at birth for the records. Jackie reminds me of Rachel Berry (i.e. Lia Michele) from Glee. I am expecting her at some moment to break into show tunes. One can only hope its a bit of Barbara.

and

Final rumination: I realized on Monday's episode that 90% of the girls have names that end in an "E" sound. Ashley. Keltie. Emily. Lindsay. Jackie. It's unnerving.  I will say I am happy to share my name, and it's spelling, with one girl who has yet to completely embarrass herself or our name. Here's hoping she does something radical though to get noticed enough to make it through a few more episodes. 

3 comments:

  1. Come on, be nice to people turning 30 this year. ;)

    Also, we all kind of thought Meghan's necklace and her balloon dress was kind of an embarrassment. I guess not as much as some of the other girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No! I love Meghan. Although she is the one who quit her job at Dolce & Gabbana to come on the Bachelor.. so she is just a little nutty if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete