Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Quitters

The Internet can be a hotbed of rumors and lies. But one tale in particular has been bothering me… Chris Harrison, the arbitrator of Internet truth for all things Bachelor, has even confirmed it: "I know many of you have sworn to me that this is it — you will never watch again." I mean, WHAT? ARE YOU CRAZY?

Come on down off that high horse, because you are behaving exactly like Jason. EXACTLY. You have found the perfect show: it mixes romance, drama, comedy (thank you Naomi's Family). It is precisely what you've been looking for and the only show you can imagine curling up with on Monday nights. BUT, as soon as the going gets tough, you run. Instead of staying to fight for what you want and talking to the show about your problems, you break up with the best thing that's ever happened to you. You've probably already started watching full episodes online of whatever show you think is going to fill the void. I, for one, think you're making a huge mistake.

So, yes, Jason is a jerk. He shouldn't have proposed if he didn't mean it. Melissa deserves better, we're all disappointed. But let's not go crazy and cut off our noses to spite our faces. I can only hope you don't really mean it. You're probably just emotionally hungover and are overreacting. Like how I vow to never drink again every Sunday. I hope so, for your sake. Because giving up on the Bachelor is like giving up on love. You might as well adopt seven cats, take up knitting and quit shaving your legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment