Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mindless? Heck, no! The academic side of the Bachelor, unveiled.

This week, I'd like highlight a couple of things I learned from watching this week's episode of the Bachelor.

1. Off-the-shoulder, crocheted tops have made a come back from the 1980s. Thank you Shawntel. 
2. A Fendi purse costs $5,000. Good to know. I can now take it off my Christmas list.
3. The plural of Ashley is Ashleys, not Ashlies. 
4. When embalming a deceased human, you must replace the blood with chemicals.  Good cocktail party "little known fact".
5. Cirque de Soleil is not as hard core as they would lead you to believe, considering they allowed two amatuers after 20 minutes of practice perform in their show.  If I was in that audience, I would have demanded a refund.  Or peed my pants from excitement!

I also figured out that I can save myself the $20 co-pay for therapy. I can just listen to Brad's therapist! Strength and vulnerability can coexist.  I told myself that a couple of times already this morning and it is really working.  Too bad that wasn't the problem, but at least I'm saving the $20.  The doctor does seem to be getting through to Brad...either that, or brainswashing him.  During his date with the Ashleys, he just kept repeating, "I have to go with my heart, I have to go with my heart." like it was some kind of mantra.  Nice work, Doc, next thing we know Brad will be on a mission to assassinate the Prime Minister of Malaysia.

I can't say I'm surprised that Marissa or Lisa got cut. In fact, I couldn't have even told you Lisa's name before last night.  I can say that I'm excited for the rest of the season to unfold in "the most controversial season of the Bachelor ever." (I wonder if Mesnick is pissed they lifted that from his season?"

2 comments: